“He helps make use of the most important guidelines for our work”
-Asialaw Profiles 2021
“Nusrat Hassan is one of the key names to note (in TMT Practice)”
-TMT, Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Nusrat is the Co-Managing Partner of Link Legal and has more than 25 years of experience.
He co-founded DH Law Associates, a full-service pan-India law firm headquartered in Mumbai, India, in 1997. DH Law Associate and Link Legal India Law Services merged with effect from 1st January 2017.
He is a qualified attorney enrolled with the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa. He is also a qualified solicitor (non-active) affiliated to the Law Society of England and Wales. A Chevening Scholar educated in UK and India, he regularly writes articles in reputed Indian and Foreign journals. His articles are published in various international journals which includes contributions to Kluwer Law International (Arbitration and Litigation), Juris Publishing (The Internet Law and Regime: India Chapter) and Thomson Reuters (Global Agricultural Law: India Chapter).
His legal practice focuses on international transactions and dispute resolution for marquee American, European and Indian business clients. He has advised several international clients on their investments in India. He has provided extensive support to multinational clients on their corporate transactions, entry strategies, and other commercial arrangements in India. He has created a niche in international arbitrations having led arbitrations in India and Singapore for select clients.
Honoring his expertise in arbitration, he was an invited convener of the core group of the CII Task Force on Dispute Resolution. He is also the vice-chair of the International Construction Projects of the IPBA. He is empaneled with the Beijing Arbitration Commission and the Investor Grievance Redressal Committee at MCX Stock Exchange. He is also a ‘Fellow’ of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London and secretary of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, India Branch.
He has spoken on many complex legal issues at national and international fora. He is the Vice Chairman of Agricultural Law Working Group of the International Bar Association. He is also a leading member of Bombay Bar Association, American Bar Association – section on international law and Society of Indian Law Firms. He is an ex-president of the Association of British Scholars (Mumbai Chapter) and member of Congress of Fellows of Centre of Legal Studies, Austria.
- Anti Corruption
- Dispute Resolution
- Exchange Control and Foreign Investment
- General Corporate & Commercial
- M&A, Joint Ventures and Private Equity
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Real Estate
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A, Private Equity & Investment Funds and TMT
- Recognised lawyer for Corporate/M&A by Chambers & Partners Global Rankings 2021
- Recognised as ‘Leading Individual’ for Dispute Resolution; Litigation in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific Rankings 2021
- Recognised by Chambers & Partners in its Asia Pacific and Global Rankings 2021 for Corporate/M&A.
- Features in the Elite “India’s Top 100 Lawyers: The A-List 2020” by India Business Law Journal.
- Features in the Elite ‘Asian Dealmakers of the Year 2020’ by Asian Legal Business
- “Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year” by Legal Era’s Indian Legal Awards 2019-20
- Features in the Elite “India’s Top 100 Lawyers: The A-List 2019” by India Business Law Journal.
- Recommended Lawyer for Dispute Resolution
- Features in the Elite “A List Lawyers” by India Business Law Journal.
- Recommended Lawyer for Investment Funds.
- Legal 500 highly recommends for Corporate and M&A.
- Recommended Lawyer for Technology, Media and Telecommunication Practice.
- Features in the Elite “Leading lawyers” in the practice area of Dispute Resolution.